– Further images below (click to enlarge)
– 80/20 wool acrylic mix with flocked lettering
– Patches at the shoulder with chain stitched detailing
– Short length zip at the collar
– Three pockets at the rear
– Made in Italy for Macys
Gelati Sanson Campagnolo team jersey from 1980. A classic design which is firmly in the 3BP top ten.
This example rather surprisingly seems to have been specifically made for the export market as the label bears the legend ‘Made in Italy for Macys’.
This team will forever be associated with Italian team rider Francesco Moser. Known as ‘Lo Sceriffo’ (the Sheriff) he had a celebrated career riding for the team from 1976 to 1985.
His career achievements included; 1977 World Champion, three time winner of Paris – Roubaix (back to back victories ’78-’80), winner of the Giro in 1984 and breaking the hour record in the same year. Aside from these titles he amassed a total of 273 road victories during his time as a professional cyclist.