– Further images below (click to enlarge)
– Pure wool with chain stitched lettering front & back
– Flocked lettering at the sleeves
– Short length zip at the collar
– Three button down pockets at the rear
– Made in Italy by Moa Sport
Gelati Sanson Campagnolo team jersey from 1980. This example is unworn deadstock in mint condition from one of the premier Italian manufacturers of the period.
This team will forever be associated with Italian team rider Francesco Moser. Known as ‘Lo Sceriffo’ (the Sheriff) he had a celebrated career riding for the team from 1976 to 1985.
His career achievements included; 1977 World Champion, three time winner of Paris – Roubaix (back to back victories ’78-’80), winner of the Giro in 1984 and breaking the hour record in the same year. Aside from these titles he amassed a total of 273 road victories during his time as a professional cyclist.