– Further images below (click to enlarge)
– 80/20 wool acrylic mix with flocked lettering
– Chain stitched detailing on the Gianni Motta logo
– Short length zip at the collar
– Three button down pockets at the rear
– Made in Italy by Gianni Motta
The Americans are coming… Stunning level of detailing on this jersey which acts as a none too subtle declaration from the pioneering 1984 U.S team sponsored by Gianni Motta cycles / Linea M.D.
The team had a range of nationalities but the majority of the riders were born in the U.S. At the helm was the American ground breaker John Eustice who had already completed a number of seasons in Europe riding for the Sem / France Loire and Gios / Clement teams.
In this year he also became the first U.S rider to complete in the Giro d’Italia, placing 99th of the 143 riders.